[Mailman-Users] Message discarded without reason logged in vette

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 8 12:27:27 EDT 2016

On 7/8/16 9:00 AM, Hirayama, Pat wrote:

> WRT Content filtering -- if filter_content is set to NO, then nothing else in that section should apply, right?  That is, even if there is stuff defined for pass_mime_types and filter_filename_extensions?

That's correct.

Note that what I wrote below applies only to the exact log entry
"Message discarded, msgid: <...>". It seems that's the one you've seen,
but there can be other messages such as "No command, message discarded,
msgid: <...>" which is logged for messages sent to the -request address
with no command or to -confirm with incorrect format.