[Mailman-Users] mailman to inn gateway

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 20 23:23:00 EDT 2016

On 05/20/2016 10:29 AM, jdd wrote:

> I use to have a news server (inn) as mail<>gateway and it worked
>
> my last notes said that mailman do all the job and is simple to configure.
>
> http://dodin.info/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Doc.Mailman#toc13
> but now it's chaotic.
>
> for the list "test", it works from list to news, but not the other way
> round

Is Mailman's cron/gatenews being run? The default crontab runs it every
5 minutes. It is required to gate from usenet to mail.

> for the list linux-31, no result for any way

Are the Mail<->News gateways settings other than linked_newsgroup the
same for both lists? Does the linked_newsgroup exist on nntp_host?

Are gateway_to_news and gateway_to_mail both set to Yes for both lists?

Are any NNTP errors being logged in Mailman's error log?

What's in Mailman's fromusenet log?

If you are using a different nntp_host than before, it's likely the
message numbers are lower on the new host and haven't caught up to the
list's usenet_watermark. If this is the case, setting the list's
Mail<->News gateways -> mass_catchup to Yes and Submitting changes will
start gating with the next new message.