[Mailman-Users] List is displaying subscriber in header

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 2 15:13:09 EDT 2016

On 09/02/2016 11:40 AM, Christian F Buser via Mailman-Users wrote:

> A list (Mailman 2.1.21 on cPanel installation) is behaving strangely. In the header of a list message, there appears an "Envelope-To:" header line, which contains 200 (of the approximately 1000) subscribers.
>
> I did not find any setting which could be wront, and I think this behaviour is new to that list. But as far as I remember, I did not change anything recently.

Your MTA is adding this header containing all the recipients in the
particular SMTP transaction that delivered this message from Mailman to
the MTA.

You need access to the installation to do anything about this. If this
is a hosted Mailman, you'll have to deal with the host.

There are two ways to fix this.

1) fix the MTA, probably exim in cPanel,
<http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/spec_49.html#SEC835>.

2) change Mailman to send only one recipient per transaction. This can
be accomplished in multiple ways:
  a) If personalize is available in Non-Digest options, set it to Yes.
  b) add
VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1
     to mm_cfg.py
  c) add