[Mailman-Users] Header too large

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 8 21:02:52 EDT 2017

On 07/08/2017 05:51 PM, Bruce Harrison wrote:
> All of a sudden I'm seeing the message
>
> headers too large (32768 max) from localhost during message collect: 2640 Time(s)
>
> In the logwatch email I get each day.  Not sure why I'm seeing this and why it keeps repeating.
>
> Any ideas?

It's probably spam and probably has nothing to do with Mailman. Have you
looked at all the system mail log messages for a message with this error
to see things like the sender, recipient, message-id, etc.

Since it's from localhost, it may be some local user or script sending a
message with a very long list of To: and/or Cc: recipients.