[Mailman-Users] Authenticated Received Chain in Mailman?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 16:40:11 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Joseph Brennan <brennan at columbia.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Brett Delmage
> <Brett at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:
>> Will Mailman 2 or 3 be incorporating Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) http://arc-spec.org/ ?
>

> Wonderful, another offering of "This document is not an Internet
> Standards Track specification; it is published for informational
> purposes" adding further complexity to email in a mad attempt to make
> up for the "potential" (?) problems that the previous "informational"
> one (DMARC) has done to mailing lists.

In the Spam fighting world these have been happening for so long they
are known as FUSSPs.

Fret not, a year or two after ARC the same people will come along with
a new spec and insist that everyone support it.  It's kind of like a
mafia, "do this or we'll shame you into doing it by promoting your
competitors on our website".

-Jim P.