[Mailman-Users] Mailman 3 confusion

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 19 22:57:51 EDT 2017

On 06/19/2017 07:30 PM, Jon Ribbens wrote:

> This is all true, but personally I can't see any likelihood of
> any noticeable uptake of Mailman 3 until it will all run on one
> version of Python.

Personally, I can't understand why you would say that. Can you elaborate
on that? I have no hard data, but I expect that most machines that have
any Python applications at all probably have both Python 2 and Python 3
installed and likely have both Python 2 and Python 3 applications.

Keep in mind that both Postorius and HyperKitty, while quite useful, are
really separate applications from the Mailman core and are not required
to use the core to manage email lists.

> Having said that, if there's any specific help needed to achieve that
> then I'm potentially willing to put some work in.

I'm sure we would welcome your help, but the place to discuss that is
mailman-users at mailman3.org
<https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users@mailman3.org/>
or mailman-developers at python.org