[Mailman-Users] list-admin on gmail ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 31 11:50:59 EDT 2017

On 03/31/2017 08:13 AM, Scott Neader wrote:

> The GMail user can simply create a "Filter" in GMail, that looks for
> messages "from:listname-owner at example.com" and check the box that says
> "Never send it to Spam".  Here's how:
>
> http://blog.simplelists.com/make-sure-real-emails-dont-get-sent-to-spam-gmail-2015/

I'm not certain, but I don't think this will work in this case. It will
certainly work if the message is ending up in the user's spam folder,
but I think the filtering is occurring earlier in this case. I.e., gmail
rejects the message at incoming SMTP time per

550-5.7.1 [2a03:b0c0:2:d0::71:1      12] Our system has detected that this
550-5.7.1 message is likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of
spam sent
550-5.7.1 to Gmail, this message has been blocked. Please visit
550-5.7.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError
550 5.7.1  for more information.

and the message never gets as far as the user's filters.