[Mailman-Users] list-admin on gmail ?

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Fri Mar 31 13:05:03 EDT 2017

Den 31. mars 2017 17:13, skrev Scott Neader:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 2:45 AM, Håkon Alstadheim via
> Mailman-Users <mailman-users at python.org
> <mailto:mailman-users at python.org>> wrote:
>
>     I have a list administrator who is on gmail. Forwarding held
>     spam-messages to him does not work, since google rejects mail that
>     has spam attached. Is it possible to send notification of pending
>     actions *without* attaching the held message?
>

> Hi Håkon.
>
> This is an interesting question, and I'm interested in the answer.
> However, since your user happens to be using GMail, you DO have a good
> option to solve this:
>
> The approval emails will come from:
>
>     FROM: listname-owner at example.com <mailto:listname-owner at example.com>
>

> The GMail user can simply create a "Filter" in GMail, that looks for
> messages "from:listname-owner at example.com
> <mailto:from%3Alistname-owner at example.com>" and check the box that says
> "Never send it to Spam".  Here's how:
>
> http://blog.simplelists.com/make-sure-real-emails-dont-get-sent-to-spam-gmail-2015/

Slightly wrong description in my original report, I was jumping to
conclusions. I see now it is my "smarthost" upstream outbound relay that
is complaining, and rejecting (not just mis-filing):

Mar 31 09:05:51 garbo postfix-relay/smtp[27886]: 657FFC00036D: host
smtp.altibox.no[109.247.116.10] said: 550 5.7.1 Rejected. This message
has been marked as spam. client=148.252.117.52 job_id=441D780084 (in
reply to end of DATA command)

So, I need to NOT send the attachment to get the "pending" mail to the
list-admin.