[Mailman-Users] list sponsorships

Chip Davis chip at aresti.com
Mon May 15 15:13:39 EDT 2017

All of the Mailman lists I host/admin are provided free of charge, as
a value-add to the members of various non-profit groups.  Insofar as
the actual costs of providing a discussion or announcement list are
hard to tease out, the best I could do would be to apportion the total
costs of the servers they are on across all the other services I get.
The income would be nice to offset my expenses but administering it
would be nearly as great as that of adminning the lists themselves.
So I treat it as my contribution to good causes.

Also, I have a philosophical/ethical problem with charging for simply
providing a FOSS service.  I know it's allowed but still...

-Chip-