[Mailman-Users] bulk subscribe 7K users

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 2 10:47:18 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-01 22:23, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 9/29/2017 11:34 AM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
>> (mailman 2.1.12 on centos 6.9)
>
> I don't think that Mark mentioned it, but 2.1.12 is -painfully- old (as
> is centos 6.9) and centos packages often lag way behind the
> corresponding source versions.
>
> If you need to stick with 6.9, I would consider ditching the centos
> package and installing the current mailman from source. Otherwise, can
> you move to a more modern Linux and more recent mailman?

Mailman's been been trouble- and maintenance-free for us since we
switched from whatever-that-perl-thing-was-called all those years ago,
and it never occurred to me it'd something as silly as abort the running
op because my browser timed out. Now that I know, I'll consider
"upgrading" -- to the university-run lyris: I might as well outsource
the whole thing.

Dima