[Mailman-Users] Automatic web subscription format

Jason Wandel greenbutterfly42 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:49:32 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm using mm 2.1.26 on a lamp install from a hosting company... But have
downloaded the code to look through locally.

I'm trying to automatically subscribe/unsubscribe members to an already
restricted access list. This is because I have a separate webform that's
used to select people already in our non-mm database.

I've found some info including on the list history (one from back in 2001
though the link provided on that no longer exists). I think I'm most of the
way there, I'm now getting a "bad/invalid email address" error from the
following (obscured) url, reporting on the Firstname Lastname:

http://domain/mailman/admin/list_domain/members/add?subscribe_or_invite=0&send_welcome_msg_to_this_batch=0&
notification_to_list_owner=0&subscribees=Firstname%20Lastname%20<email at otherdomain>&adminpw=the
password

I've tried without quotes and with single or double quotes around the name
and the name/address combo, all without success. It looks like I'm getting
a failure due to email.Utils.parseaddr as called from admin.py (I think
line 1465), which supposedly accepts double quotes around the name portion.

Could I please ask for guidance on the format needed to make this work?

TIA!