[Mailman-Users] preserve html and allow attachements

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 27 23:37:48 EST 2018

On 02/27/2018 12:07 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 02/26/2018 02:49 PM, Tammy Mitchell wrote:
>>
>> I am allowing html email to go to my list and that is working well.
>> Last week, I had it working so attachments would go with the email. That
>> was working. It is not now, since I made the changes described below:
>>
>> Today I read instructions, on this page, and changed the settings as
>> advised here.
>> https://wiki.list.org/DOC/How%20do%20I%20preserve%20HTML%20formatting%20while%20filtering%20other%20content%3F
>>

>> Changed the settings as described in that link. I thought it would allow
>> my archives to look like rendered html.
>> (nope).
>> - also now my attachments are not being sent with the email messages as
>> they had been.
>

> Did you set scrub_nondigest to Yes? (The FAQ says be sure it's No), but
> setting it Yes or not passing HTML at all are the only things that would
> cause this.

Actually, I think I answered that too quickly. The issue is probably
because that FAQ is only aimed at passing HTML. if you set
pass_mime_types as suggested in that FAQ you will remove all PDFs and
images and other non  - plain text/HTML attachments. Note that its title
is "How do I preserve HTML formatting while filtering other content?"

If you want to pass other things in addition to plain and HTML text you
have to add their mime types to pass_mime_types as I indicated in my
first reply.