[Mailman-Users] Reply-to options not working

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 25 11:12:00 EST 2018

On 2018-01-24 02:50, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> I'd appreciate if those who have strong opinions on this would take a
> look at the analysis below and tell me if I'm missing something.

While I don't have a strong opinion, getting two copes of the same
message (usual "reply all") behaviour is suboptimal. I've the "please CC
me when replying to list" .sig for lists where people do it a lot -- not
that I've been on many lately.

The BBS/webforum convention is "private message" that may or may not
come with "PM sent" note in the discussion thread. I think that's the
reasonable way of doing it and that a MUA, when replying to a ML post,
should give the user 2 options: "reply to list" and "reply off-list".

Since the list should rewrite the From header for DKIMARC, these would
correspond to list-post/from and reply-to resp.

Dima