[Mailman-Users] spam filter setting to hold makes sender filters useless

Christoph Groth christoph at grothesque.org
Fri Jul 6 04:44:46 EDT 2018

Hello,

In the mailing list that I administrate I've set a spam filter rule that
rejects all mail that matches the header

Any messages that match

are set on hold.  We do this in order to avoid rejecting legitimate
mail.

However this causes problems with addresses on the
discard_these_nonmembers list (that is populated by the mailman
message-on-hold page).  If a message arrives that is set on hold due to
the second spam filter rule, it won't be checked against
discard_these_nonmembers, and the list admins are annoyed by it being
put on hold.

The only solution that I see is to manually create spam filter rules for
the most notorious names on the discard_these_nonmembers list.  Is there
a better way to keep graded response to spam and at the same time use
discard_these_nonmembers?

Thanks,
Christoph