[Mailman-Users] spam filter setting to hold makes sender filters useless

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 6 11:32:10 EDT 2018

On 7/6/18 1:44 AM, Christoph Groth wrote:

> The only solution that I see is to manually create spam filter rules for
> the most notorious names on the discard_these_nonmembers list.  Is there
> a better way to keep graded response to spam and at the same time use
> discard_these_nonmembers?

Maybe.

header_filter_rules are checked before list membership and
*_these_nonmembers. You could rearrange the pipeline to put Moderate
before SpamDetect, but that would have undesirable consequences.

So I think your choices are what you suggest above or remove the
custom handler to hold messages that match that and insert that handler
in the pipeline between Moderate and Hold.

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030615> for info on custom handlers.