[Mailman-Users] non-subscribers getting through--email address in "Real Name"

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sun Jul 22 16:03:34 EDT 2018

In article <0590fe51-3f96-754d-d155-af0eb9ca48be at spamtrap.tnetconsulting.net> you write:
>> DMARC notably breaks.
>
>Does DMARC actually break or otherwise behave in a manner contrary to
>it's specification?

No, it was specified in full knowledge that it would break pretty much
every mailing list on the planet if used on domains with human users,
instead of its intended target of notices from robot domains like
paypal.com.

That's why we have ARC, once AOL and Yahoo abused it to solve the
problem they created when they let crooks steal their users' address
books.

R's,
John

PS: This isn't conspiracy theorizing, I know the people involved.