[Mailman-Users] Mailman backend doesn't work after domain name conversion--help wanted

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 28 11:11:58 EDT 2018

<https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20is%20not%20Listserv>

> I am getting an error
> with the wrong domain name in the error log fairly frequently, but yet I
> can't create additions to the error log; the errors look like this:

What does "can't create additions to the error log" mean?

> Mar 25 23:37:02 2018 (24709) error opening list: uhills_uhills.org ,

What is the full traceback associated with this entry?

> and I have been unable to track down where else the domain name needs to
> be changed or what actions generate the error message.  I am uncertain
> whether this is what is causing the following problems:
>
>  * Search for member doesn't work
>  * Changing checkboxes for members doesn't make any difference
>  * Can't delete or approve held postings (they do self-delete after a
>    couple of days)
>  * The login for the private archives doesn't work

There is probably an issue with the list's 'web_page_url'

Make sure that the Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py setting for
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN, DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST are correct
(if changes are required, set them in mm_cfg.py, not Defaults.py) and
run fix_url.

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030616>, <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030592>
and <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030602>.

Also, see <https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20and%20CPanel>