[Mailman-Users] Possibly OT: GDPR and list servers

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Wed May 9 10:16:55 EDT 2018

On 05/09/18 08:39, Julian H. Stacey wrote:

> I may put something like this at top of
> 	http://mailman.berklix.org/mailman/listinfo
>   GDPR: 88 pages of PDF this unpaid admin has no time to read.
>   Mail lists & web are run Free. You pay nothing. We are paid nothing.
>   If you object Unsubscribe Yourself.

That in my opinion is about the right level of response for a typical
mailing list.  I myself would add the following:

- We do not collect any personal information beyond your email address
- We do not sell, share or otherwise use your email address except to
deliver mail to you
- Public archives are public; think before you post.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net