[Mailman-Users] MM3 on FreeBSD

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:41:18 EDT 2018

Hola a todos!

I have finally read bits of documents here and there and managed to install
MM3 on a FreeBSD 11.2 server. This is for testing and getting to grasp the
new monster. Later, I hope I could run my MLs on MM3.

So, so far, this is what I have done - all successfully:

pkg install python36
pkg install py36-sqlite3
[ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.6 /usr/local/bin/python3]
python3 -m ensurepip
pip3 install mailman

I have opted to use /opt/mailman3 as the directory for MM3.
So I did:

cd /opt
mkdir mailman3
cd mailman3
mailman info
[Here I got some errors, which Google led me to set some ENV variables]
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
mailman info

The directory has been populated with some data.

# Then from http://docs.mailman3.org/en/latest/prodsetup.html
pip3 install postorius
pip3 install hyperkitty
pip3 install mailman-hyperkitty
pip3 install uwsgi

All those installed successfully. However, I am not sure where they
installed into on my FreeBSD, but I guess no es importa :)

What next now?? Edit the var/etc/mailman.cfg??

Then how to launch the MM3 queue runner? Postorius? HyperKitty? etc?

TIA

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,