[Mailman-Users] User doesn't get added to mailinglist

Pascal Christen pascal.christen at hostpoint.ch
Thu Feb 14 10:13:50 EST 2019

On 14.02.19 12:38, Pascal Christen wrote:
> Ok I just downgraded and it was much better. Did a patch from 2.1.27 to
> 2.1.29 had impact on the performance? Because the performance of 2.1.27
> is much better compared to 2.1.29 and that's mayeb the reason the users
> don't get added because of slow performance and locking issue.
>
> With 2.1.27 I had 2 of 100 Users that were not added. Witch 2.1.29 I
> have ~30 of 100.
>
> Greetings Pascal

Hi again

Ok I got it. I've just reviewed the patch
(https://launchpadlibrarian.net/379908276/patch.txt) for CVE-2018-13796
and found that line:

+            longest = max([len(x) for x in list_names()])

So at every request it gets ALL lists and saves the length of the
longest list into "longest". This works well if you have 1 list, but
what if you have about 10'000? Not very well guys :D

Currently I have no smart idea how to rewrite the patch. Can you think
of something?
For our use case I adjusted the patch and our problem is solved

Greetings Pascal