[Mailman-Users] Starting mailman on reboot

John mailman-owner at rx7-world.net
Wed Feb 27 12:36:03 EST 2019

On 2/27/19 8:19 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 2/27/19 1:45 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>> The script in misc/ is the only one named mailman though. There is none in
>> scripts/.
> That was a mistake in the manual. It is now fixed. See
> <https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/node42.html>.
>

>> I copied that into etc/init.d/ and rebooted, but mailman did not come up
>> still.
>
> You may need 'chmod +x etc/init.d/'.
>
> What does 'systemctl status mailman' show?

hmmm...  I have mailman on 2 systems. One does not start on boot. Referencing
the manual link, I have no misc/mailman on either system.(?) Both systems are
ubuntu (different versions), with Virtualmin.

>From the failing system:
root>systemctl status mailman
● mailman.service - LSB: Mailman Master Queue Runner
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/mailman; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

John