[Mailman-Users] Starting mailman on reboot

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 27 13:45:53 EST 2019

On 2/27/19 9:36 AM, John wrote:

> hmmm...  I have mailman on 2 systems. One does not start on boot. Referencing
> the manual link, I have no misc/mailman on either system.(?) Both systems are
> ubuntu (different versions), with Virtualmin.

misc/mailman is in the source distribution. If you installed the
Debian/Ubuntu package, you probably don't have that, but it appears you
do have /etc/init.d/mailman

> From the failing system:
> root>systemctl status mailman
> ● mailman.service - LSB: Mailman Master Queue Runner
>    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/mailman; bad; vendor preset: enabled)

These are normal.

>    Active: inactive (dead)

This of course is not.

Are the ownership and mode of /etc/init.d/mailman the same on both
systems and is there any difference in the contents?

You might try 'systemctl enable mailman' on the non-starting system.