[Mailman-Users] English (USA)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jul 8 16:32:35 EDT 2019

On 7/8/19 1:00 PM, Jim Popovitch via Mailman-Users wrote:

> Just to be clear, I'm not proposing changes to any po strings, rather
> just the labels.  The end result would be just "English" in the list of
> available languages for a list instead of "English (USA)".

Actually, you are proposing a change to a string. The string "English
(USA)" is a translatable string which is translated in almost all of the
39 translations for display in the list of available languages on
various web pages. Changing it from "English (USA)" to "English" would
cause it to be displayed as "English" rather than the translation of
"English (USA)" for any non-English view of those pages.