[Mailman-Users] send_reminders frequency

dmaziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 30 11:18:18 EST 2020

On 1/29/2020 6:33 PM, Chip Davis wrote:

> I often see questions about how to do something or another that I would
> dearly love to do, only to find that the simple, straightforward
> procedure recommended is beyond my server credentials.  It would be very
> helpful to me if those answers acknowledged that:
>
>   * this can't be done on a shared server implementation, don't bother
>     trying
>   * this can also be done on a shared server, and here's how (or at
>     least, the magic words to ask your vendor)

Well, the crontab is mailman-global so changing it affects every list on
the server. (Lucky for me, on this particular server that is
acceptable.) That's obvious when you look at it.

What some provider may or may not let you do via their glitzy cGooey is
a question to the provider. How would any of us know?

Dima