[Mailman3-dev] Problem with the schema

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Apr 1 11:03:51 CEST 2005

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:53:32 +0100
Ian Eiloart <iane at sussex.ac.uk> wrote:

> I wouldn't expect Mailman to know that I also have other accounts -
> but 'i.eiloart' is just a mail alias for 'iane', so it *could* handle
> that.

If you have an account object...

And that account object knows all your email addresses, by whatever
means, LDAP, policy, regexes, big long table, private phone line to
GHod, whatever...

And lists via rosters check that account object for a given email
address...

Then the Account object should be able to return a True/False or
whatever other result is needed as applicable.

More specifically this doesn't seem a particularly intereting corner.
It mostly seems a question of building in the appropriate delegation
verbs.

>>> And, when it comes to addresses... We manage many mail domains here.
>>> Some are synonymous (susx.ac.uk and sussex.ac.uk, for example), and
>>> others aren't. Mailman should permit me to define synonymous local
>>> mail domains so that when iane at susx.ac.uk is allowed to post to a
>>> list, then iane at sussex.ac.uk is too.

>> Yeah, this is one we haven't tackled.

Does the above seem a reasonable approach?  Of course it presumes that
the account class supports mix-ins/plug-ins.

--
J C Lawrence