[Matplotlib-users] IPython FITS file plotting problem

Jens Nielsen jenshnielsen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:21:43 EDT 2016

I can reproduce your issue with matplotlib 2 beta1 but not with 1.51, See
https://gist.github.com/jenshnielsen/86d4a86d8f667fadddc09f88c5fb87e6 I
think this relates to the dtype of the data (see the last two cells of my
notebook) can you open an issue for this at github? It seems like the fits
data is converted from float32 to big endian float8.

best
Jens