[Matplotlib-users] animation in thread

arash azarmi at gmail.com
Wed May 24 18:54:03 EDT 2017

I am new to matplotlib and I am trying to get started with animation
library.There is an example here for a simple strip
chart:https://matplotlib.org/examples/animation/strip_chart_demo.htmlI tried
to use this example in a thread. I created a simple *threading.Thread*
class, and in it's* run() *method, called:ani = animation.FuncAnimation(fig,
scope.update, emitter, interval=10,True)plt.show()here is class:class
graph(threading.Thread):    def __init__(self, feeder):
threading.Thread.__init__(self)         self.fig, self.ax = plt.subplots()
self.scope = Scope(self.ax)        self.feeder=feeder
self.running=True    def run(self):        while self.running:
ani = animation.FuncAnimation(self.fig, self.scope.update,
self.feeder.emit_ch1(), interval=1, blit=True)            plt.show()
but when I start this thread, it never shows the windows. Isn't this right
usage?