[Matplotlib-users] animation in thread

arash azarmi at gmail.com
Wed May 24 19:00:11 EDT 2017

(Resending to correct formatting)

I am new to matplotlib and I am trying to get started with animation
library.
There is an example here for a simple strip chart:

https://matplotlib.org/examples/animation/strip_chart_demo.html

I tried to use this example in a thread. I created a simple
*threading.Thread* class, and in it's *run()* method, called:

*ani = animation.FuncAnimation(fig, scope.update, emitter, interval=10,True)
plt.show()*

here is class:

*
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import matplotlib.animation as animation

class graph(threading.Thread):

    def __init__(self, feeder):
        threading.Thread.__init__(self)
        self.fig, self.ax = plt.subplots()
        self.scope = Scope(self.ax)
        self.feeder=feeder
        self.running=True

    def run(self):
        while self.running:
            ani = animation.FuncAnimation(self.fig, self.scope.update,
self.feeder.emit_ch1(), interval=1, blit=True)
            plt.show()
*
but when I start this thread, it never shows the windows. Isn't this right
usage?