[Matplotlib-users] prohibited to create memoryview without Py_buffer

Antony Lee antony.lee at institutoptique.fr
Thu Nov 12 08:09:31 EST 2020

Thanks for the report.
I am aware of the issue and it has been fixed in mplcairo master (at
ddbc01c to be precise).  This arose because a backwards-incompatible change
in the latest pybind11 (2.6.0) broke mplcairo.  I am somewhat puzzled,
though, by how mplcairo managed to pass Fedora's CI (things broke locally
as well).
In any case mplcairo should be repackaged for Fedora 33 (attn. Elliott, I
guess :-) also, do you have an idea wrt. how mplcairo managed to pass the
tests on Fedora's CI?) using the current HEAD (or backporting just the
relevant commit, although that may not apply cleanly...) to support Py39.
(I may tag a new release too but no guarantees on the date for that.)
Antony