[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] NumericalPython

Ken Manheimer klm@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 17:33:50 -0400 (EDT)

Jim Hugunin:

> I need to look into the archive to figure out what's wrong.  There bit a
> little ;-) traffic on this group since then.  My personal guess is that
> we've managed to collectively overflow some archive size limit.
>
> > From: Kevin Maguire <kcm@tca1.dl.ac.uk>
> >
> > When I requested the archive for this SIG I only received messages up
> > until the end of May, why is this ??  Has nothing been posted since
> > then ???

I'm looking into this (barry's out today), and from what i can tell the
archive is intact, and the whole thing is being delivered.  I did notice
that my MUA (pine) behaves rather strangely - in a way that would
account exactly for the impression kevin had.

Pine sees only 582 message, up to one dated May 8, with that last
message holding the remaining 250 or so messages.  Solaris 'mailx' seems
to do a better job parsing the mail file - 821 messages, and the dates
reported look good.  (Reports lots of Content-length errors, though,
parsing it.)

Kevin, take a look at the mail file with a browser that lets you get to
the bottom easily, like 'less', or 'vi' (if it'll hold 2MB), and see if
the missing messages are really there, please...

Ken Manheimer		klm@cnri.reston.va.us	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

	# If you appreciate Python, consider joining the PSA! #
		  # <http://www.python.org/psa/>. #