[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] lists vs. tuples

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 10:42:07 -0500 (EST)

> And the data member a.shape is a tuple.  You are allowed
> to assign to a.shape from any sequence type, but it can only be
> accessed as a tuple.
>
>>   The matrix code as implemented returns lists (e.g. shape).  Shape

> Well, my installation returns tuples for shapes! Are we talking about
> the same thing?

Hmm.  Sorry.  I was remembering Jim's description of the pseudoindices
etc., where he says things like "array([3,13]) is a one dimensional array
with a shape of [2]".

Clearly the implemenation is doing the right thing.

<take foot out of mouth>

Sorry for decreasing the signal-to-noise ratio...

--david