[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Re: [PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] basic IP

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 21:10:12 +0100

> I'm looking for a basic image processing Library for Python. I have
> to do mathematical processing, so I only need some module to easy
> manipulate image files. I'm using the pythonwin - Version 1.0 beta 1
> for Windows 95. Can you help me ?

You probably want to use PIL to read and write the files, and
Numerical Python to process them.  You should be able to find more
information via:

	http://www.python.org/sigs/matrix-sig
	http://www.python.org/sigs/image-sig/Imaging.html

There's a binary distribution of PIL available via the latter link,
which works fine with PythonWin (as long you don't use Tk, that is).

Cheers	/F