[MATRIX-SIG] Numerical Python Release 1.0

Paul F. Dubois Paul F. Dubois" <dubois1@llnl.gov
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 16:19:58 -0800

On ftp-icf.llnl.gov/pub/python there are two files:

NumPy10.exe -- Windows 95/NT installer (MSVC 5.0)
NumPy10.tgz -- Sources (NumPy/...)

The Windows installer gives you a choice of binary or full install. The full
install is needed only if you intend to make your own C extensions.

Please see the file release_notes.txt for details.

Guido-like, I hereby vanish until Tuesday. I rather expect problems, so I am
announcing this only to the sig. This will give me a chance to get some
feedback, make any necessary emergency repairs next week, and let CNRI get
these two files mirrored in an appropriate place on python.org.

I apologize apriori for the lack of full make/install support. That should
be available next.

Paul