[medusa] Problems with medusa

Sam Rushing rushing@n...
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:33:42 -0700 (PDT)

Jilani Khaldi writes:
> Hi All,
> I have installed medusa on my Linux (Slackware 7.0). No problem for
> installation and to get it running. But when a access to it from a
> browser (Netscape - Windows), I get this error:
>
> //////////////////
> error: Problem with DNS lookup (socket.error:(111, 'Connection refused')
> [asyncore.py|poll|75] [asyncore.py|handle_read_event|327]
> [resolver.py|handle_read|264]
> ////////////////
>
> my settings are:
> HOSTNAME = 'bellatrix.antares.it'
> IP_ADDRESS = '192.168.1.1'
> PUBLISHING_ROOT = '/home/www'
>
> I have the same problem with medusa installed in local on
> Windows2000 Pro. However, I can call the HTML pages from the
> browser, but I get the error, not on the browser, but on the
> console. What am I missing.

Did you point the resolver at a local DNS server? There's a line
in 'start_medusa.py' that looks like this:

rs = resolver.caching_resolver ('127.0.0.1')

It assumes there's a name server running on the local machine, but if
there's not you should put the IP address of your local DNS server
in there instead.

Alternatively you could probably do this:

rs = None

Which would tell the HTTP server not to try to resolve addresses at
all.

-Sam