Medusa and web applications on Linux&C magazine

Jilani Khaldi jilanik@t...
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 12:00:20 +0200

> (no intention to start a flamewar here)
> Contrary of what you think, Zope saves you a *big* amount of time compared
> to what you'd spend building by yourself. It is so big because of the
> large number of features it offers.

You are right Petru, but Zope is only apparently easy, and once you have a
problem it will be very difficult to solve, seen the compexity of the product.
All in Zope would be saved in a database and if your database is go corrupted,
you loose everything and it is not a nice thing. PHP and Apache are very
flexible, but I need a solution made at home using medusa as web server and
python. A simple and homogeneous solution to pubblish on Linux&C
(http://www.oltrelinux.com), the first italian magazine dedicated to Linux and
FreeBSD. For the moment I am writing a series of articles about
Interbase-Apache-PHP for web applications development, and I think the next
articles will be about GadFly-medusa-python for small web applications.We have
more than 30.000 readers monthly, so it will be interesting to promove medusa
this way.
Our goal is to promove freeware and open source; but all freeware and open
source. Apache doesn't need any more tam tam, but small and interesting
software like medusa need to be much more known.
I am still wainting for help to go on. Any help will be welcome.

Thank you.

Jilani

--
<jk>