kill open port

Lucifer lucifer@e...
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:27:25 -0400

(Thanks for your answer on the SSL subject Sam.)

I have the following problem. I've been writing an html_chat_server and it's working nice now (on Netscape and Explorer as well).
I've built it on top of the chat_server.

But for some reason, the port on which I normally run it has now been left open and I don't know how to close it. So I keep getting an 'Address already in use' error every time I try to run the server.

How do I explicitly close a port that's been left open? and how did this happen ?

It's been open for several days now and I don't know why because the chat server is not running.

Any hints ?

Nicolás Echániz
RAKAR Producciones
Argentina