[medusa] kill open port

ender kthangavelu@e...
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:24:29 -0800

>>But for some reason, the port on which I normally run it has now been left
>> open and I don't know how to close it. So I keep getting an 'Address
>> already in use' error every time I try to run the server.
>>
>>How do I explicitly close a port that's been left open? and how did this
>> happen ?
>>
>>It's been open for several days now and I don't know why because the chat
>> server is not running.

in your chat server after you create the socket (before you bind) you should
do
yoursocket.set_reuse_addr()

else ths os won't let you reclaim, how long it won't depends on your os and
your configuration. my linux box lets me do it after a couple of minutes, but
its pretty depedent on your system.

cheers

kapil thangavelu