[medusa] Re: medusa and apache proxy -more info

Donovan Baarda abo@m...
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:39:25 +1000 (EST)

Quoting rprice@u...:

> Quoting Donovan Baarda <abo@m...>:
>
> > Quoting rprice@u...:
[...]
> > The 30 sec delay sounds like the default medusa polling time on
> select.
> Yes it is. I temporarily 'fixed' the problem like this:
> asyncore.loop(timeout=.5) I just don't know how this well work when we
> have 100
> concurrent users.

the beauty of the short timeout hack is it doesn't affect things when the load
is high, only when it is low. At high loads, the select loop will be kicking
around very fast so the timeout doesn't come into it (and any delays caused by
poor readable()/writeable() implementation wont be noticed either). At low
loads, the select loop will be mainly kicked around by the timeout.

So a short timeout will increase the work for low loads, but will not increase
the work at high loads.

--
ABO: finger abo@m... for more information.