[Medusa-dev] license question

David McClurg dmcclurg at pandemicstudios.com.au
Thu Feb 20 09:54:16 EST 2003

Hello,

The LICENSE.txt file in medusa-0.5.3.tar.gz says that "in May of 2000 Sam Rushing changed the license to be identical to the standard Python license" and on the python license page it says something about 1.6 not being GPL compatible.

http://www.python.org/doc/Copyright.html

My question is this-- Is the Medusa license compatible with the GPL and LGPL?

Also, I noticed that the C++ implementation of Medusa is missing in...
http://www.amk.ca/files/python/medusa-0.5.3.tar.gz

It can be found here
http://www.nightmare.com/squirl/python-ext/async.tar.gz
http://squirl.nightmare.com/medusa/async_sockets.html -- link to download at bottom of page

Was there a reason to not include it?  Would it be possible to include the C++ implementation and say it's not maintained but might be useful?

Thanks