[PYTHON META-SIG] SIG cleanup?

Barry A. Warsaw Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 14:42:00 -0400

    GvR> I'd like to at least start a discussion on weeding some of
    GvR> the SIGs that appear particularly idle.  My list of SIGS that
    GvR> could perhaps be tossed includes:

    GvR> objc -- perhaps merge with a possible Next-related SIG?

    GvR> I'm not saying "toss these" -- I'm merely challenging these
    GvR> SIGs to prove there's a need for them.

The objc-sig has shown some recent life, with the posting of Lele
Gaifax's new Objective-C modules.  Lele in fact started his own small
mailing list but I've (hopefully ;-) persuaded him to move that to the
objc-sig.

`objc-sig' might be a bad name for it since I have no personal
objection to expanding the sigs mission to include NeXTSTEP/OpenStep
porting issues.  Objective-C is a darn good language in its own right,
but the majority of its use is probably by *Step programmers.

I'm for keeping it around as-is, or perhaps changing the name to
`openstep-sig'.

-Barry