[META-SIG] Terminating comatose SIGs

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 16:21:06 -0500

> -If group work does take place, it will be coordinated via c.l.p,
> which Guido doesn't like much (or is that disapproval only if
> there is already a relevant SIG?)

Where did you get the impression that I don't like group work
coordination in c.l.p?  The last time I urged a discussion to move it
was the GUI discussion.  Now that's a bit of a special case, because I
happen to believe that nothing will come out of it (that particular
discussion has been had so many times before that I've grown rather
skeptical).

Still, *if* there's an appropriate SIG, it makes sense to move
discussions there from the main list; but if there's no appropriate
SIG, any discussion is welcome on c.l.p as long as it's relevant to
Python (and doesn't degenerate in flaming).