[Moin-devel] UTF-8 and moinmoin

Дамјан Георгиевски penguinista at mail.net.mk
Tue Sep 23 02:40:04 EDT 2003

I'm using the latest stable moinmoin on a Linux computer and I've setup
it to UTF-8 charset... I've found that the quoteFilename() in MoinMoin/
wikiutil.py is not necesseary, since the Linux FS can safelly use UTF-8
filenames, and browsers (tried with mozilla & konqueror) can use links
with UTF-8.

The only thing quoteFilename() should probably do is check for the "/"
character since that and "\0" are the only special characters in the
UNIX FS API. For Windows I guess its different but should be simillar.

(so a simple filename.replace('/','_2f') is enough)

I'm sending you this just as a help in the effort to make moinmoin
completely UTF-8 capable... Well, it seems the only thing needed now is
a UTF-8 WikiWord detection, and hunting some bugs like in the Indexes
and similar...

--
Дамјан                                  (jabberID:damjan at bagra.net.mk)

     The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.