[Moin-devel] MoinEditorBackup files filling data/backup

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 09:53:08 EDT 2003

--- Gisbert Amm <gia at webde-ag.de> wrote:
> [...]

That is true, but these are backups of pages I have edited that have
been created in addition to the target page backup. If I edit a page
WikiPage, there is a backup file named WikiPage.1234567890 created when
I save the page. If I do a spell check or a preview 10 times before
saving the page, there are an additional 10 files named
MyName_2fMoinEditorBackup.nnnnnnnnnn (where the nnn are different
numbers).

In addition to the above 10, there are many other files named
MyName_2fMoinEditorBackup.nnnnnnnnnn that are backups for all the other
pages I have edited, one for each preview and spell check.

I think that in 1.0, there was a single backup page per user in
data/pages/MyName/attachments/MoinEditorBackup. This was the last page
previewed or spell checked and would be overwritten by any following
preview or spell check.

Roger Haase