[Moin-user] Windows and Moin (yes, the moin packages load).

Ransom ransom at telus.net
Sun Dec 1 09:26:10 EST 2002

I am trying to get MoinMoin working with WindowsXP Pro and IIS.

My moin.cgi looks like this now

import sys
sys.path.append('e:/apps/Python22/lib')
sys.path.append('E:/apps/moin/lib/site-packages')
import os

and the Moin library is loaded (I know thats the usual problem).

Now I get this particular error, and not being a python programmer, I
have absolutely no clue on what to do next.  All help appreciated.

> CGI Error
> The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "E:\apps\moin\share\moin\htdocs\moin.cgi", line 32, in ?
>     cgimain.run()
>   File "e:\apps\moin\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\cgimain.py", line 103, in run
>     sys.stderr = open(os.path.join(config.data_dir, 'err_log'), 'at')
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data\\err_log'

Another weirdness is that the URI

http://localhost/wiki/moin.cgi must be used;  IIS will not deliver the
URI http://localhost/wiki/moin.cgi/.  The default document as described
in the setup manual will not work under windows when following the
instructions.

Doug