[Moin-user] directory problems

John Angelmo john at veidit.net
Thu Dec 11 15:22:54 EST 2003

Thomas Waldmann wrote:
>> I'm installing moinmoin... The problem here seems to be:
>>
>> Checking directories...
>> *** data directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to 'data')
>> *** text directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to 'data/text')
>> *** user directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to 'data/user')
>> *** backup directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to 'data/backup')
>>
>> *** The edit log 'data/editlog' is not writable!
>> Found an external diff: "diff - GNU diffutils version 2.7"
>>
>> So the dirs are there and I even changed them with "chmod 777" but
>> still same problem
>>
>> is there something I can do to fix this?
>

> Use correct pathes. Maybe absolute pathes are easier than relative ones.
>
> data_dir = '/where/ever/you/have/it'

Checking directories...
*** data directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to '/usr/local/share/moin/data')
*** text directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to '/usr/local/share/moin/data/text')
*** user directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to '/usr/local/share/moin/data/user')
*** backup directory NOT ACCESSIBLE (set to
'/usr/local/share/moin/data/backup')

*** The edit log '/usr/local/share/moin/data/editlog' is not writable!

Nope