[Moin-user] External Editor on Mac OS X Server

Lele Gaifax lele at seldati.it
Thu May 29 12:11:02 EDT 2003

    Ellen> Hello, I am trying to use ExternalEdit on my MoinMoin (1.1)
    Ellen> wiki installed on Mac OS X Server 10.2.

    Ellen> When I click on the ExternalEdit_lele link which appears at
    Ellen> the bottom of the page, all that happens is the download of
    Ellen> the wiki page page in text format. Is something else
    Ellen> supposed to happen?

    Ellen> Of course I can then edit the page in whatever editor I
    Ellen> choose but I then have to get the page back into the wiki.

    Ellen> How is it supposed to work?

Ellen,

the external editor action, with the help of a locally installed
script, should effectively open a "tunnel" with your preferred editor,
so that each time you save the document, the helper script will
actually build up an HTTP request and send it back to the MoinMoin
action that in turn will save the page.

Your browser should be configured in such a way that when it receives
a document with a content type like "application/x-moin-edit", it'd
launch the helper app ("moineedit.py"): the latter will consult it's
configuration file to find out which editor is most appropriate (keep
in mind that the original work is Zope-centric, where each document
may have it's own preferred editor).

Hope this helps,
please recontact me if the problem persists,
ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.