[Moin-user] ANN: MoinMoin 1.3.1 (advanced wiki engine) released
mailinglist at alexanderweb.de
Mon Dec 13 08:19:03 EST 2004
/\/\ ___ (_)_ __ /\/\ ___ (_)_ __
/ \ / _ \| | '_ \ / \ / _ \| | '_ \ __
/ /\/\ \ (_) | | | | / /\/\ \ (_) | | | | | /| _)
\/ \/\___/|_|_| |_\/ \/\___/|_|_| |_| |.__)
MoinMoin 1.3.1 advanced wiki engine released
After almost one year of development, we are pleased to announce a major
new version focused on better user experience, international support and
MoinMoin is an easy to use, full-featured and extensible wiki software
package written in Python. It can fulfill a wide range of roles, such as
a personal notes organizer deployed on a laptop or home web server,
a company knowledge base deployed on an intranet, or an Internet server
open to individuals sharing the same interests, goals or projects.
A wiki is a collaborative hypertext environment with an emphasis
on easy manipulation of information.
Major new features in this branch:
* MoinMoin speaks your language! Complete Unicode support,
translated system and help pages in more than ten languages, and
support for languages written from right to left are the base features
of our internationalisation support.
* Fresh look and feel. New default user interface design, improved
existing themes and enhanced theme plug-in framework that make it
easier to modify the design or create completely new user interface.
* Find anything on your wiki, instantly. New search engine and
streamlined Google-like search interface, using multiple search
terms, regular expressions, search term modifiers and boolean search.
* Antispam - keep spammers out of you wiki. Protect your wiki with
automatically updated spam patterns maintained on the MoinMaster
wiki, and shared by all MoinMoin wikis worlwide.
* Underlay directory - easy upgrade and maintenance. New streamlined
directory layout protects all system and help pages in a separate
* Run with your favorite server. Use either a standalone server that
requires only Python, the high performance Twisted server, Apache with
Fast CGI, mod_python or plain CGI.
* Multiconfig - easier, more powerful configuration. New class-based
configuration allow you to easily configure single or multiple
wikis sharing a common setup.
* Many more features and various bug fixes.
For a more detailed list of changes, see the CHANGES file in the distribution
MoinMoin has been around since year 2000. Most of the codebase was written by
Jürgen Hermann; it is currently being developed by a growing team. Being
originally based on PikiPiki, it has evolved heavily since then (PikiPiki
and MoinMoin 0.1 consisted of just one file!). Many large enterprises have
been using MoinMoin as a key tool of their intranet, some even use it for
their public web page. A large number of Open Source projects use MoinMoin
for communication and documentation. Of course there is also a large number of
* Project site: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/
* Feature list: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinFeatures
* Download: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinDownload
* This software is available under the GNU General Public License v2.
* Upgrade: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnUpdating
* Known bugs: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs
sent by Alexander Schremmer for the MoinMoin team
More information about the Moin-user