[Moin-user] Another question - hiding a Moin 1.3 instance using Twisted behind mod_proxy

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 07:00:04 EST 2004

Hi,
Another Moin 1.3 migration question. Under 1.2, I was using mod_python
to serve my Moin instance, but I'd like to move to Twisted for 1.3.
However, I want to "hide" my Moin instance behind an Apache server
using mod_proxy.

If I (naively) try

ProxyPass /mywiki http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassReverse /mywiki http://localhost:8080/

then the pages get served OK, but the CSS and images are lost. I
understand that this is due to the /wiki URL not being proxied, and I
can work around this by using an extra ProxyPass for /wiki. However,
I'd rather isolate things via a single proxy setting (imagine I set up
a second wiki on the same server - I'd have a clash on the /wiki URL).
Is this possible? I gather that the Twisted VHostMonsterResource is
designed to address this type of issue, but I don't know how it should
work - AFAICT, Moin doesn't include VHostMonsterResource support in
its base code, and I can't see how to subclass/configure to add it.

Thanks,
Paul.

PS On a slightly related note, how do I modify the Twisted service to
serve additional static files - logo images and the like?