[Moin-user] Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 and the "underlay" directory

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 08:47:00 EST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:06:48 +0100, Alexander Schremmer
<mailinglist at alexanderweb.de> wrote:
> Paul Moore wrote on Monday, December 13, 2004 2:35 PM CEST:
>
> > As far as I can see, the migration process doesn't do anything about
> > this.
>
> It just includes the advise to delete the pages. ;-)

:-)

> > What do I have to do to locate and remove the pages from my
> > existing Wiki which are now served from the underlay directory?
>
> The page structure is quite simple. You need to delete the subdirectories of
> mywiki/data/pages which are obviously pages that were not created by your users.

Thanks. I was a little worried about messing round in the data
directory without knowing what I was doing. If it is that simple, I
should be OK.

> Or you may use scripts. This page talks about them. But they are unofficial.
> http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/AutomateUnderlaying

Thanks. I'll probably use a combination - use the ideas from the
scripts to locate the files, then fix things up by hand.

Many thanks,
Paul.