[Moin-user] bug? no image display from local files in standalone mode

Tomi Junnila topeju at badzilla.net
Sat Jan 29 10:51:40 EST 2005

* Craig Larman <craig at craiglarman.com> wrote on 29.01.05 12:58:
>    The docs **suggest** i should be able to write something like the
>    following FILE URL, and see an image inline, but no luck:

I had to try this. I installed a stand-alone server and edited a page to
show an image from a file:// url.

The syntax [file:///C:/temp/img.jpg Image] shows a link to Image, and
opening the link works ok.

However, changing the link to [file:///C:/temp/img.jpg] didn't show the
image. I investigated a bit further and found out it's not a problem in
MoinMoin, it's the browser. The HTML for the page does contain an img
tag to the image, but Firefox[1] doesn't follow file:// links from
http:// urls. IE appears to show them at least at default settings.

[1] You advocate Firefox on your home page so I assume you're using it
just like I.

--
Tomi Junnila <topeju at badzilla.net>
http://topeju.badzilla.net/